domenica 1 luglio 2018
Significant Progress Of The Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia On All 17 SDGs
Many of Saudi Vision 2030 initiatives are oriented towards efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Kingdom, as part of its wider effort to develop in a manner that is aligned with long-term global aims, participated in the United Nation’s High-level Political Forum (HLPF) on Sustainable Development which took place in New York, from July 9 to July 18 2018.
The HLPF theme, this year, is: "Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies" with a particular focus on:
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development that will be considered each year.
As part of the self-assessment process, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia participated in the VNR’s- Voluntary National Review, to control its own progress towards SDGs. The Kingdom’s delegation was led by the Ministry of Economy and Planning and was comprised of various public, as well as, private entities and NGOs, reflecting Saudi Arabia’s active collaboration with all stakeholders to achieve the SDGs by the year 2030.
The Kingdom is making progressive steps towards all 17 SDGs, 6 in particular stand out: clean water and sanitation, affordable and clean energy, sustainable cities and communities, responsible consumption and production, life on land, and partnerships for the goals.